With 234 votes, the Verkhovna Rada supported in the first reading draft law No. 9532 "On common transit treatment" developed by the Ministry of Finance. The draft will be finalized before the second reading with consideration of amendments submitted by MPs.
The draft law is aimed to harmonize Ukrainian customs legislation with that of the European Union by implementing provisions of the Convention on a Common Transit Procedure and the Convention on Facilitation of Trade in Goods based on Ukraine’s obligations under the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement.
Common transit regime with the EU primarily foresees the application of the special software at the Ukrainian customs, which will enable its synchronization with the customs of other European countries. Adoption of the above said legislation will allow applying European transit rules in Ukraine, which will enable enterprises to use a single customs declaration and a single guarantee for the transfer of goods from their warehouses to those of their counterparts. This, in turn, will enable significant acceleration and price decrease in the movement of goods and will benefit every participant of the supply chain, including exporters, importers and carriers.
Adoption of this draft law will allow for the following:
• implement European practices of customs clearance of transit cargo and guarantee the payment of customs duties;
• reduce the time spent on transit cargo clearance and improve risk analysis;
• improve the quality of services and carriers’ competitiveness;
• liberalize financial guarantees market and enable guarantors to enter European markets;
• simplify transit clearance for the companies compliant with the Ukrainian legislation.