The project “E-Data: official public finance portal of Ukraine” announces, with the support of the Eastern Europe Foundation, the “E-Investigation” contest for journalists and public activists to select the best investigation of damage to public interest.
The Ministry of Finance is pursuing the further implementation of the revolutionary IT-platform – E-Data, which makes it possible to trace the use of public funds and all transactions of the State Treasury online in the real-time mode. This makes the use of public funds more open and transparent enabling the public to use its right to receive data on payments made by all state agencies and companies including receivers, purpose of payments, sums of payments etc.
The contest marks the first anniversary of the launch of E-Data, the winners will be named on September 15, 2016. The prize fund of the contest “E-Investigation” amounts 20,000 hryvnas.
Materials presented by contesters will be assessed by a professional jury by the categories “journalist investigations” and “public monitoring” as well as by a public voting among readers for the prize of readers’ favorite.
Eligible for the participation in the contest are also all other projects working with open data, predominantly in the field of finance, as well as mass media.
Key terms of the contest:
1. Eligible for the contest are contributions from professional journalists and public activists investigating facts related to the violation of public interests regarding the use of public funds which were published in mass media or in social networks and have not been presented for any similar contests before.
2. Investigated facts must refer to the activities of local self-government bodies or regional bodies of executive power. Investigations of the activities of national state authorities are not eligible for the contest.
3. The presented materials must be published in mass media or in social networks from January 1 till September 1, 2016.
4. The material MUST contain references to the E-Data portal as the source / one of the sources of information used for the investigation. The use of other open data services (for example, BI ProZorro, 007, Rozumne City) is allowed and appreciated.
5. Third parties can present contributions respecting the copyright and upon presenting of reasons for their participation in the contest.
For more detailed information about the contest and possible cooperation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 098 178 55 35.