Jointly with the State Fiscal Service (SFS) and the State Treasury, the Ministry of Finance is starting the active phase in the implementation of the single account (EKR) of the SFS for customs payments made by business.
The staff limit for the SFS has been already increased to set up a unit in charge for EKR administration. Also, a protocol on information exchange between the SFS and the State Treasury Office has been signed.
In September this year, a pilot project for the EKR implementation will be launched enabling all companies to utilize the EKR account for their customs payments.
Starting from April 16, 2019, the use of the “single account” will be mandatory for all businesses.
What’s it about?
Customs payments charged in the course of customs clearance shall be paid to the account of the respective customs office prior to the submission of the customs declaration.
Presently, each customs office has its own account. Hence, a company clearing its goods at different customs offices (for instance, in Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv) shall transfer customs duties to three different accounts respectively.
The single account makes it easier. Each company involved in foreign trade will only have one account from which customs payments can be made to any customs office.
What’s the benefit?
• customs clearance becomes less time-consuming;
• companies will be able to transfer their advance payments to one SFS account, submit customs declarations to any customs office and to pay customs duties from one account;
• notifications from the SFS about the use of advanced payments received from companies can be automated;
• the rules are improved for the acceptance of payments made by citizens prior to or during customs clearance as well as other payments in the domestic currency through the use of accounts for advanced payments opened on behalf of the SFS customs offices;
• procedures and purpose of the transfer of customs and other payments made prior to or during customs clearance are clearly defined;
• rules are set up for the exchange of information about the turnover of funds at the account 3734 which is open at the State Treasury Office for the SFS;
• favorable conditions are established for doing business in Ukraine.