The Ministry of Finance has prepared solutions meant to simplify the use of cash registers and has initiated a pilot project for the registration and operation of new models. The respective draft regulations were approved by the Government committee on May 31 and will be submitted to the Government for approval next week.
It means that payment operations could be captured using mobile phones, tablets, laptops and other communication tools.
The pilot project will make it possible to:
- study innovative products for the registration of payment operations;
- analyse the use of the latest models of cash registers;
- expand the range of available models and functions thus demonopolizing the market for cash registers;
- make the use of cash registers simpler, reduce expenses for their purchase;
- motivate business to use cash registers.
Also, the draft decree “On Amendments to the Procedure of the Technical Maintenance and Repair of Cash Registers” has been prepared which:
- implements a mechanism for information exchange in electronic form during the launch, maintenance and repair of cash registers at service centres;
- improves the technical maintenance and repair procedures for cash registers which lays ground for settling the relations between users and service centres;
- improves information exchange between the regional offices of the SFS and service centres in regard to the launch of cash registers and their maintenance.
Also, the Ministry of Finance has prepared a draft order which:
- simplifies the registration and launch of cash registers;
- implements the registration log of payment transactions in electronic form (thus exempting entrepreneurs from daily sticking fiscal checks into the registration book).
This is a temporary but effective step – the registration book is planned to be finally abolished through amendments to the legislation;
- implements a mechanism for information exchange in electronic form during the registration and use of cash registers, which shall reduce time consumption and costs for entrepreneurs wishing to register and to use their cash registers.
We are keeping pace with modern requirements!