Comprehensive transformation of the Ministry of Finance
The Ministry of Finance which properly executes its functions creates and ensures an optimal financial climate in the country contributing to the economic prosperity of the citizens. This was the reason why the management of the Ministry of Finance started its transformation jointly with representatives of international organizations and experts. One of the key elements in the transformation of the Ministry of Finance is the creation of the Reform Project Office at the Ministry.
The aim of the Reform Project Office at the Ministry of Finance is to ensure fast and effective reforms in public finance as well as in the budget, tax, customs and other areas. The Reform Project Office provides coordinating, analytical and communication support in the reforms implementation. This guarantees the mutual compatibility of the steps made by all interested parties including state authorities, citizens, international donors, experts and business. The main task of the Reform Project Office is to provide assistance in coordinating, developing and monitoring of reforms implementation and communication.
The Reform Project Office has approx. 20 permanent employees. Depending on the respective project, it will be engaging scientists and experts as well as representatives of NGOs, state authorities and local self-government bodies.
What are the advantages?
• higher effectiveness of the internal working processes at the Ministry;
• better cooperation with other state agencies and citizens.
What has been done so far?
• leading specialists have analyzed the most resource-consuming working processes at the Ministry and prepared recommendations for their modernization;
• currently, best international practices in project and process management are being implemented;
• specialists have analyzed and selected the best system of electronic document turnover.
• personnel will receive a training in project work and process management;
• specialists will be analyzing further working processes at the Ministry of Finance to identify opportunities for their improvement and optimization;
• specialists will conduct the functional analysis of the largest units of the Ministry of Finance to find solutions for the optimization of the working tools and the workload.